Saturday, September 08, 2007

Busy times ...

Well, this is a greatly delayed post...the last two weeks have been busy, but filled with friends and food and wine.

Last weekend we were treated to a wonderful few days in Osoyoos. M. and family had us up to their condo there. We had some beach time (it wasn't TOO sunny), a wonderful day visiting 7 different wineries, and had many fabulous meals together. The best thing about this weekend was that we had time to visit and relax and enjoy each other's company (including playing a few games of Catan!), and that the weekend was very inexpensive for us. We had one meal out, and ate in the rest of the time. Most of what we spent was on gas, produce to bring home, and wine. There is no way we'd be able to have a holiday that felt that luxurious any other way, so we are VERY thankful to M. and J. for inviting us there!!

When we got back, another friend, who had been out visiting from Ottowa came to visit us for a few days. I got to cook and entertain, which I love to do, and we had lots of quality visiting time. I was very sad to see him go!

All this wonderful visiting and what not though, has meant that I am gravely behind now in school, and on preparation of a number of time-sensitive projects!! I'm not entirely sure how I'll get caught up, but I'm sure I'll find a way :-).

No comments: