Monday, August 20, 2007

Lemony goodness.

I went to get my non-SPUD groceries at a local grocery store, and there it was...sitting right in the dairy section with a florescent orange "NEW ITEM" sign on it. Liberte lemon yogurt. M. has raved to me about this, and then when I stopped for house-sitting there she spoiled me with this devine yogurt and fresh berries and I was hooked. I had determined I would go hunting for it, but no hunting was required!

It is so wonderfully luscious, lemony and laden with fat. It is definitely (as M. told me) NOT a low fat yogurt - it is a dessert, or a decadent breakfast, and ohhh is it good! Try it if your grocery store carries it! Be warned that the Liberte yogurt they carry at Starbucks is NOT the same thing.

4 comments:

Coramie said...

I believe the Liberte Lemon Yogurt is actually their Mediterranee yogurt. They also have a Wild Blackberry Mediterranee yogurt which is to die for as well. It's something like 10% BF....but oh so good. I like it just before bed....sets me up nicely for a good night's sleep!!

Magnificent M said...

Yes it is the mediterranee which I think imlies it is a baltic style yogurt and therefore drained once to make it more creamy and thick and sadly higher in fat.

it is definately NOT a dieters yogurt and I have to say it spoils you so that eating diety yogurt is less appealing but I frankly, just don't care. It is too good.

Blackberry!!! Ohhhh, that sounds good too.

In the slightly less fat but still not no fat category Liberte also makes coconut, marzipan orange and black cherry yogurts adn they are good too. No comparison to lemon but ohhh, so good.

Coramie said...

Looking at the ingredients....it does actually have CREAM in it....so that definitely puts it in the realm of decadence!!! ....*contented sigh*.....

Magnificent M said...

anything with cream is good to me.... ahhhh I have a serious weakness for cream. I can eat a bowl of whip cream without hesitation. My favorite thing to have for breakfast is frosted flakes with cereal cream! seriously so bad!!!! But ugh, so good. I first tried that when I was a kid in England on a trip and I've been hooked very since. I love having coffee at my friend's place because she refuses to serve it with milk and serves it with half and half. Knowing I have a weakness for cream, I just avoid buying it but ohhhh the yogurt. I can slip it by my radar by telling myself "its yogurt, therefore its healthy!" LOL!