Monday, December 10, 2007

Salt and Pepper Oatmeal

I was just telling friends about this yesterday..and that make me crave it this morning. When I was growing up, my dad would often have oatmeal with butter, salt, and pepper rather than the usual sweet accompaniments.

So, this morning, I made oatmeal, added the margarine, salt and pepper and mmmmm! I forgot how good it is. I know it sounds weird, but it IS pretty tasty :-).

The dinner at Cafe Brio last night was amazing. By no means fast-friendly, but it was soooooo good. Unfortunately we missed the appetizers because D. had the start time off by about an hour or hour and a half! But we made it in time for the dinner and socializing afterwards.

They had, as the "activities" for the evening both a gift exchange and a gingerbread house making contest. They got gingerbread house kits from Thriftys that had everything you need to make the house. Alas, we didn't win the contest...but it was fun anyways.

2 comments:

Magnificent M said...

You and lindsey must meet... she is an oatmeal lover too.

Envious of your ikea trip!!

Kassianni said...

sounds like grits. in the south.