Friday, May 18, 2007

Can I keep it up?

I'm back at the running, mostly because a) I need some outlet, b) My spring/summer work clothes from last year don't fit, and I have a conference in 4 days, and no money to purchase new clothes.

At the start of my run today I was thinking about blogging a question about how it could be possible that the running was twice as hard on the forth consecutive day as on the first! When I hit the 25-30 minute mark though I realized I was in a "zone" though, and thought "I think I want to keep running" and decided to run the other way on the trail. I did another 20 minutes and it felt really good!! I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow, but it was excellent. I'll see if I can keep up the extended duration.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I *love* "the zone"! It's when you feel like you could run forever.

And yes, I find it way harder to run on the fourth consecutive day. That's when I slow WAY down and do a light jog for 30 minutes for a couple of days before attempting a big run.

I wish I were there, too. We could be running partners.

Magnificent M said...

good for you!!!! Two more sleeps until Seattle... I can't wait for our "view"