Curried Sweet Potato Chick Pea Soup
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 Carrots, Chopped
- 3 Medium Sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed or minced
in about 2 Tbsp Olive oil, until onions are just starting to turn clear about 5-10 minutes.
- ½ Jar Rogan Josh Curry sauce (or other tomato based curry cooking sauce).
- 1 can tomato paste
- about ½ - 1 cup more tomato based sauce or soup (I used left-overs)
- 4 Cups vegetable broth
- about 2 tsp Garam masala
- about 2 tsp salt
- more water if needed
Bring to a boil and simmer till vegetables are soft.
Blend /3 of soup in food processor and return it to the pot.
- about 1-2 tablespoons Tahini
- about 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can chick peas
Simmer another few minutes, or longer if desired.
It's really really good -possibly the best soup I've ever made. LOVE it. Adding Tahini to vegetarian/vegan soups is a trick a friend taught me a long time ago -makes the soups wonderfully nutty and creamy, even with just a little bit.
Also just made Mexican rice krispy squares - like the regular ones, but with vanilla, cocoa, and cinnamon added to the marshmallows and margarine before you add the rice krispies.