Friday, April 17, 2009

Wonder food.

I think I'm addicted to nutritional yeast. It is so good, has a yummy nutty-cheesy taste, and it's nutritional benefits are amazing! I always have a hard time getting enough B-Vitamins, and it's packed full of them. Here are two recpes for yummy food involving nutritional yeast:

1) Vegan Mac and Cheeze. I REALLY love this. But, tell people it's "cassorole" so they won't be expecting typical mac and cheese taste. It's sooooo good, but if you go into it expectin mac and cheese, it can be dissapointing.

2) My friend Alia's AMAZING salad dressing. I'm not kidding. This salad dressing will have you inhaling greens :). Soooo good. Here it is:

The basic construct for the salad dressing is as follows:
1/2 to 1 cup of nutritional yeast (depending on your taste preference)
1/2 cup of water
1/3 cup of tamari sauce
1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar
3/4 to 1 cup of olive oil or oil of choice
1 to 2 tsp of garlic powder

Whirl it all up in a blender and its ready.A lot of the amounts vary depending on your taste, good luck.

I actually contemplated drinking this dressing. Just a little of it.

Anyone else have great nutritional yeast recipes? I've been told it's good on pizza and popcorn. Haven't tried either though.

3 comments:

Kassianni said...

where do you buy nutritional yeast?

Rowena Hartley said...

It's really good on popcorn too. With lots of butter and a little salt... mmmm.

Vic- as far as I know, all health food stores carry it

RW said...

oh. I used to eat it on popcorn with butter all the time - I totally forgot I did that.