Thursday, October 08, 2009

Fall-tastic

I managed to hit up the market yesterday, and they have wonderful crisp yummy apples now. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with giddiness about fall. When I was growing up, I think Halloween (and "fall" in general) was my favorite time of year. We to have a bon fire and make caramel apples, and have fire works every halloween. My mom would make a big pot of chili and hot dogs and we'd have these when we returned home from trick-or-treating. I just love the cool crispness of fall, and that smell the air gets....I'm not sure what it is...rotting leaves maybe? It's just great. For an easy dinner last night I had a cut up apple, left over quinoa stew and a tortilla (amazing 12g of fibre tortillas from Ralph's) with the last of some basil-avacado dip spread on it and some parmesan cheese. I heated it in a frying pan for a bit so the cheese would melt.
MMMmmm......It was a good dinner. And easy. Which is pretty darn important these days. I'm going to pick up some pumpkin and make a pumpkin porcini soup from the moosewood book for dinner tonight I think.

I'm working from home till about 2:30 today....and have a really long to-do list to get through. We'll see how far I can get. I'd better get showered and moving if I hope to have any chance at getting through it!

2 comments:

RW said...

Fall is one of my favourite times - pumpkins - apples - cranberries -

enjoy the day

Nike said...

Availability of mens hogan and children hogan has facilitated customers with wide choice.Hogan outlet, Onitsuka Tiger Hogan slippers lap up been mystical this current market atlanta divorce attorneys winter.If you are fashion conscious, you must know Australian sheepskin hogans really contribute a lot for a decent, Beats By Dre Headphones trendy and a little elegant appearance.Next is "Wool Dyeing" or "Fatliquoring.Integrated with genuine sheepskin, they are of great comfort.This famous Hogan Australian Brand is made by Deckers Corporation and is made in New Zealand, Hogan Sneakers Australia and more recently in China.So for those people who are consistently vigilant when it quantities to these chances, Nike Air Max then you certainly are surely heading for being resourceful to rating the flawless hogan on cut-rate purchase which you can find.Bagged for quality and worth, kids Hogans sale has tremendously increased and touched the sky.Those embell.